- Open terminal in folder where PhxBrowser.exe is located (hold Shift and click right mouse button in free space in windows explorer and select “open command window here”)
- Run PhxBrowser software with command:
PhxBrowser.exe /spe-debug /spe-output
- PhxBrowser software will start with “SPE output” tab which shows the debug output of SPE
- Run PhxBrowser software in terminal with command:
./PhxBrowser --spe-debug --spe-output
- PhxBrowser software will start with ” SPE output” tab which shows debug output of SPE
I always get the same error messages:
- unable to connect to the SPE
- unable to start the localhost: giving up and kill the localhost.
A: This error may happen if the initialization of SPE engine takes too long. Phonexia Browser software treats it as initialization failure and kills the server.
You can fix this by doing the following:
- Increase timeout in Settings > Speech Engine tab > First connection timeout
- Use fewer instances of technologies, thus letting the Speech Engine to start faster
- Use smaller models of technologies