Q: I can’t manage to run Phonexia Browser software. I always get an error.
I always get the same error messages:
- unable to connect to the SPE
- unable to start the localhost: giving up and kill the localhost.
A: This error may happen if the initialization of SPE engine takes too long. Phonexia Browser software treats it as initialization failure and kills the server.
You can fix this by doing the following:
- Increase timeout in Settings > Speech Engine tab > First connection timeout
- Use fewer instances of technologies, thus letting the Speech Engine to start faster
- Use smaller models of technologies