Each Partner has their own administration and back up policy. Here, we highlight the most important SPE3 components to be administrated and backed up.
It is strongly recommended to describe your own administration approach with the following components
- SPE users (accounts) – Partner should maintain list of SPE users (accounts). There should be only few persons with “admin” role. All other should be with “user” role (do not see content of other “user”) and/or “vbs” role (dis/enables using of VoiceBiometry plugin)
- the SPE database and/or VBSplugin database administration – where the (temporary) results are stored
- user.home – where the server stores the users data e.g. metafiles (see phxspe.properties for details)
- LOG files – Log file rotation is configured in phxspe.properties.
System backup should be proceeded before any update or upgrade of the SPE. It is strongly recommended to back up mainly the following components of the system:
- SPE database and/or VBSplugin database – the technology models, users (ie. SPE accounts) etc. are stored here
- SPE engine configuration file (usually /settings/phxspe.properties)
- technologies configuration file (usually /settings/ technologies.xml, or see phxspe.properties for details)
- licensing file (license.dat, usually stored next to phxspe.exe, or see phxspe.properties for details)
Optimally, Partner should backup also the following
- SPE package [optional], together with all folder (/bsapi/ etc)